Caring for Sterling Silver
Sterling silver is perfectly fine for everyday wear. If it starts looking a little dull, we recommend using a silver polishing cloth to clean your jewellery. Discolouration or tarnishing on silver is normal, but this may require a more deep clean. Suitable gentle silver cleaners are fine to use or you can come in store & explore our options!
Tarnishing/Discolouring can be caused by:
- Exposure to chemicals such as; Perfume, soaps, shampoo, hairspray, moisturisers, cleaning products etc.
- Acidity on skin, things like medication, diet, sweat, stress can affect a person's skin.
- Exposure to direct sun, moisture, humidity for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to chlorine.
- Taking your jewellery off to swim, shower & sleep.
- Your jewellery being the last thing you put on when getting ready & first thing you take off when getting home.
- Please do not use harsh silver dips to clean your jewellery, these can affect oxidised jewellery & other things like soft stones & pearls.
Any concerns or questions about your silver please do not hesitate to contact us or visit us in store!